Friday, September 25, 2009

The goody that was returned

I mentioned I got a goody. A hair straightner. Got it from Walmart.

The scoop is... they had a few on a rack and they looked pretty nice for 25.00. So I picked one up and took it to the self check out. It rang up for 46.00. I didnt have the extra 21.00 so I was going to put it back. Then I told myself no wait I will go thru a check out with a person and insist it should be 25.00. So I did and when it rang up for 46.00 I said woe now it shows on the rack for 25.00. They called the CSM (aka Customer service manager (aka also known as I think LOL) (aka laughing outloud))) They sold it to me for 25.00.

So fast forward to last Saturday. We were in desperate need of people food. I still had the straightener in the box. I dusted it off and took it to Lexington walmart and got 51.00 after tax 55.00.

Sad I dont have a straightner though. Kathryn should get me a new one since she is the one that broke my old one.

Thats the scoop. I doubled my profit. On a return. I have actually done better on returns before. I bought a $1.00 clearance item and returned it to another walmart and it was $8.00.

~k

No comments: