Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SICK MUSTANG

My poor little Mustang had been puttering around the last month or so. I was hoping I could put off the repairs but on Thursday 03/11/10 it puttered pretty hard which made the service engine light come on.
Friday I made the decision to talk it to a local car repair service. Lucky for me it was not the transmission. They said I needed a tune up. I quiz them on already having a tune up less then six months ago. He said he call me back. They did some more probing and said it does need new wires and spark plugs covered under warranty. It needs belts and filters and some other things. The bill came out to $241. So I had part of it from my savings LOL that is so funny savings. My lap top/ memphis trip savings (more on memphis later) The rest I had to borrow.
I got my car back and it drove like the speedy thing that it is.
The only problem it smelled like somebody was smoking in the car. I gave the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe somebody who was smoking got into the car and test drove and my little nose is awful sensitive.
That is till the next day I decided to give it a make over. I got the tires rotated and was going to get an oil change but would you believe ben satcher (I had a free coupon) was closed on saturday bla bla bla. I couldnt wash the outside because the water spicket was broken but at least I could vacuum and clean the inside. That is where I found the rest of the evidence. A cigerette butt and ash. YUCK!
So I cleaned it really good. Vacuumed and put on the seat covers Heather gave me for Christmas. It was looking pretty nice inside but it still smelled. I let the windows down and drove to wally world. I have some fabric refresh for $2.00. TIP look in the auto department for fabric refesher its two bucks cheaper then the house hold cleaners isle. I gave it a couple of sprays. That refreshener had a nice scent.
Then I went to an automatic car wash. I had SOOO much fun! I havent been to one since I was like 8 and I giggled like I was 8 watching that machine move up and down to clean my car.

It looked pretty good after its makeover. Now I have to dig out the boot for the convertable top and I will be in high style ha ha!

As for Memphis. I wanted to go See graceland. I had it all planned out. It was a spring break vacation. Leave on the 7 of April drive there. Stay at the DaysInn at Graceland. See all the Elvis movies you want for free. April 8th walk across the street to Graceland and soak in all the corny Elvis stuff. Maybe go to the shopping areas afterwards. April 9th go to the Memphis zoo and take full advantage of my snazzy camera. April 10 drive home and April 11 the day of rest. Well POOP on that now. Durn car (that I love so much)

Good news though I am getting $50.00 bucks back on that camera from Ritz. The camera went down in price and I had to speak to live chat twice but I got a credit, now to wait for it get back to my credit card. Ugh the money is so needed!

No comments: