Wednesday, October 29, 2008

At the fair

A few weeks ago the family went to the fair. Lucas got his first taste of cotton candy. In his opinion five thumbs up (he can’t count yet). He can boogie though. He can crawl. He has teeth. He bites. Oks he is teething. He walks. He is a machine. No he is a baby boy.
Conner turned into Sticker Boy. He was covered in stickers. His Aunt Kathryn gave him a high five when she saw the Obama sticker. Now this is the only politics I will touch on. I put a McCain sticker over the Obama. Not that I like one over the other. Because Aunt Kathryn likes one over the other. It will probably burn my biscuit if and when Obama wins. Well back to the McCain sticker story. Conner had a fit. He had such a fit that I had to march back over to Obama booth and put a sticker back over the McCain.
Aunt Kathryn was the last to arrive at the fair. Conner walks by her, does a double take and keeps on walking. You see, Aunt Kathryn looks different if she is not with Richie. Grandma says, Conner don’t you know who that is. He yells Aunt Kathryn.
I once told him Aunt Kathryn might join us in an activity. He said good, Aunt Kathryn gets so excited when she sees me.
So here we are at the fair.. and I say Hey Conner you are wearing Dr. Suess Underwear. He drops his pants in the middle of the fair. The very busy fair and shows everybody that yes he does have on Dr. Suess Underpants on.
That’s when Aunt Kathryn told us of her plans pay to have her wisdom teeth pulled. You see she has been hanging out at five points. The local college area, instead her and her friend are going to start going out to the vista. A more business like spot. She believes the richer guys hang out there and she will meet him and they will fall madly in love and he will give her lots of money.
We walked the exhibits. We didn’t ride any rides or play any games. The craft building always gets me. This year they had a basket, from the dollar store (I own one .. I know this) they threaded incredible yarn through the basket holes. Which they could of gotten at the dollar store also. I got a ton there myself. But there it was displayed. I keep saying to myself I can do that. So why don’t I do that????
Fair food included Fried Mushrooms, chocolate chip cookies and donuts. We scaled back this year. Life is tough. No lunch, no French fries, no ice cream and no fried reese cups. Well he never had fried reese cups, sounds down right nasty.
Conner and Lucas got sick the next week. Conner blamed it on the cotton candy, since nobody else had any but him and Lucas (he forgot about dad).
That was our lovely day at the fair. It is now packed up and off to some other destination. We will have to wait another year for them fried reese cups.

No comments: