Saturday, October 4, 2008

Average Saturday

What a wonderful thing an average Saturday can be! I woke up and nobody was home. Granted I woke up at 11am but that is totally not the point. The point is every car was accounted for, every purse or if your in the South like I am, every POCKETBOOK (I dont understand the whole pocketbook thing at all) was accounted for. Duncan was roaming the house. That was the biggest confusion the naughty doxie who is suppose to be jailed in the kitchen when there is no supervision was roaming the house. Somebody neglected their Duncan Pumpkin Duties.
So I wake up. Duncan insist on food. How a little dog can eat so much and then poop so much is beyond me. So I fed him. Then I watched him. That poor dog was miserable. All he did was itch and scratch and bite and whine so I made a decission. Duncan is going to the vet.

But first I ran and got Heather a birthday present. Hope she likes it. Then I went after my pumpkin and took him to the vet. I had an opportunity to ready my Eldest book there. Even with all the noise of the doggies that were waiting to be adopted. I didnt look. I cant look or they be going home with me. Last time I looked they had two dogs mum and I fought over. Mum wanted the duncan look alike. I wanted the miniture Husky with the blue eyes. I remembered I had Lexington. We went home with as many dogs as we arrived with. Anyway I am not going to tell you what the vet said. I didnt see them and neither did the nurse vet person. But the vet saw them. So she gave him a shot and some meds and I got some for the cat and maybe we can wooop whoop wup (uh how do you spell that) them!

Then I dropped pumpking off and gave him a doggie treat. Of course he did not eat it because I was running back out the door to go to walmart for dog food. That dog is just plain strange. He can not eat his treat in the kitchen locked up. I made it to wally world and got dog food, and dinner tonight and brownies. YES BROWNIES. Dont need them but they looked oh so good.

Then I got lunch. Lunch at almost five, yes. Got gas. Paid to much. The gas was more then the vet bill. Makes one raise their eyebrows doesnt it. Well it wouldnt of been more if we didnt have the wellness plan.

Now I am home. Duncan finished his treat (goofy dog) he is sleeping YES NO SCRATCHING, ITCHING OR WHINING. The shot must be working. I am kind of concerned about giving him the other meds cause I would have to give it to the cat too and the cat never used it before and well what if he had a reaction? My vet is closed but the emergency vet is open. I need to give him the meds before the shot wears off and the vet says it takes a couple of days for the meds to kick in. Oh the dilemas of pet ownership.

While I ponder that I am going to make a cook book and make a card for Heather for her birthday. Times are hard and got to be frugal. Then after that I am going to add some more items on ebay. Then after that I might start on another wreath or make some tissue holders.
We will see.
Till later gators.

No comments: