Friday, October 15, 2010

Rant and Rave

It does not benefit to be helpful at work.


The names have been reduced to first letters except for Maria. I just didn’t like her and she isn’t working there anymore anyway.

First there was Maria. She got a call from Palmetto something or another on why they were getting invoices for parts they have already paid. I tried my best to explain to Maria that the dude keeps loosing the confirmation orders and asked me to mail the invoices, so the lady at his office will get a copy. Does she listen to me? No she doesn’t. She spends 2 hours researching why the invoices were sent.

Another scenario I send D a message saying the parts should be for truck so and so on a certain order. The truck was not set up and they ordered it for the branch. D writes back that the certain order was not in part status. I wrote back and said it wasn’t I who neglected to put it in Parts status and I told him next time I wouldn’t bother to be helpful. He writes back and said he didn’t take my response the way I had intended for him to take it (which I didn’t get, but I don’t really care) and that employees should show initiative and fix the problems. I wrote him back that I was just checking on the paper work that did not have invoices and I had not noticed it. If I had I would have fixed it. I also told him that I have fixed many of these with out one complaint and certain employees should not complain about minor issues and should take the initiative and fix it themselves instead of complaining about it. I then told him it was an easy thing to forget and I am quite sure that A or myself were not doing it on purpose to annoy him. He didn’t bother to write back after that one.

And the one that caused this rant and rave. I got a request for a status of a service call. M was not in the office so I took the initiative and wrote back that M is delivering parts and when M gets back I will have the email taped to his monitor so he can respond back immediately. I only responded back to C instead of everybody because the customer was included. Well C went and forward to J and J sent me a nasty gram if I could not make decisions I need to call M on the phone in the car. I did make a decision and that was not call him. Because how would M know in his car, when he is not in front of the computer. Well I called M and M said to Call D. D said he sent the part to K on 10/12. K had some upgrades and did inventory. The last three days. I called K and asked if he received the part. He did. I asked if it was on his schedule to do today. He said his wrist was messed up and he would not be able to replace that part. So I called M and told him and asked if we had somebody else to go. M said he was 10 mins away and will make some calls when he got back in. So I sent an email telling J. Guess what? Didn’t I first say that when M gets back in the office he will give a status of when this call will be done? Wasn’t my decision correct?
If I hadn’t bothered sending D or C the email they would have left me alone and not jump on me about something. If I hadn’t tried to help Maria I wouldn’t of wasted my time. Let her waste her own time.

No comments: