Monday, October 6, 2008

RE-Grand Opening

Howdy Folks,

It is my re-grand opening of my ETSY Store. Where all things are hand made. I have a total of three items in there now. Whooopeee!

For the month of October if you convo me the word SPOOK and you will get an additional 10% off.

October is an odd month for me. As a youngen I loved the whole Halloween spooky thing. Not the scary blood and gore, but the ghost stories and the cool weather and dark coming on quicker thing. The leaves would change and the whole jumping in them was really attractive. The raking them not so much fun though.
I loved to decide what I would be for Halloween. The costumes would come in boxes. I remember one year Robin was tweety bird and I was Sylvester the cat. It fit our personality so well. Robin was always the “good one” I was always the not so good one. I own a Sylvester cat now. Check out the critter slide show. Any way. My asked us what were for Halloween. Now since I was Sylvester it would of made more sense if I said it, but it was Robin who was in speech. She had problems with pronunciation. (I cannot believe I spelled that word right the first time) So it made more sense if Robin said it. But none the less one of answer instead of Sylvester, bastard. I tell you no fib. Nanny asked mum what was she teaching her children. Now that was a bit ironic. Since Nanny was Dads mum. Dad didn’t bother to teach anything. Oh that’s a whole years worth of therapy that I will not get into right there.
That was the fun of October. Now the not so fun, it seemed like every year for a time a pet would pass away. It was like I was jinxed. I started crying so hard in school and kept saying something about the month. I have a feeling that the teacher thought it was that time of the month. Now I am laughing at it because I remember the teacher hi tailing it out of the office after asking me why I was so upset.
Anyway the jinx has been lifted. Knock on wood. (really I just knocked on wood) As for Halloween, I do not have the energy to decorate. I do not have the energy to put on a costume. I have two costumes I can use if I was ever in a pinch. I have Sombrero (I knew I was going to get that word wrong) and a Mexican blanket. Instant Mexican person. I love that blanket btw. Its my adult binkie. Okies I will never grow up. I refuse. The other costume is my graduation cap and gown. Hey I paid enough for it. I might as well get some use out of it right? OOOH I can sell that one ebay. I got two of them! One high school one college.

Well this post is longer then it should so I will sign off.

No comments: