Friday, March 13, 2009

First Edition of Friday Night Blog

Greetings random people who just happened upon my blog. It is the first installment of Friday night blog... On friday the 13 no less. There are three months this year with Friday the 13th, Feb, March and November.
Some Friday 13th facts
paraskavedekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday 13th
Some Hospitals do not have a room 13, Large buildings do not have a 13th floor and airlines skip gate 13
President Franklin D. Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th day of any month and would never host 13 guests at a meal. Napoleon and President Herbert Hoover were also triskaidekaphobic, with an abnormal fear of the number 13.
Mark Twain once was the 13th guest at a dinner party. A friend warned him not to go. "It was bad luck," Twain later told the friend. "They only had food for 12." Superstitious diners in Paris can hire a quatorzieme, or professional 14th guest.
The number 13 suffers from its position after 12, according to numerologists who consider the latter to be a complete number - 12 months in a year, 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 tribes of Israel, 12 apostles of Jesus, 12 days of Christmas and 12 eggs in a dozen.

thats thanks to yahoo...
and also from yahoo somebody buys a used couch and gets a surpise
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=12471806

link doesnt work anymore. It updated the news. The surprise was a cat in the couch. The owner got the cat back!

Dont worry it isnt a snake! I wish I could embed the video but I couldnt ... so sad

onto other topics. I am going to create a few blogs from time to time ... The first one is going to be the Dear John Blog. This is the blog that I will write a letter to people that I wish I could of said something more.
The following people are on my dear john list
The lady who I paid the taxes for my auto, the blue frontier truck driver, the mexican in the blue shirt, BB and the governor. (After all we have the 2nd highest unemployment and our governor wants to refuse economic aid) Hey what does he have to loose, he is on his second term and cannot be elected again.

Two other blogs I would like to create is the yarn blog and the paper blog. Both dedicated to the craft of using yarn or paper.

I will leave you with one more www site then I will go create my dear john blog.

This is some craftying ideas that might get you inspired
http://www.stampsforthememories.com/past_ideas.htm

Till later
Karen

No comments: